Basic Accounting & Bookkeeping Assistant
What does the Basic Accounting & Bookkeeping Assistant program include?
The Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping Program provides a comprehensive overview of fundamental financial management concepts. Starting with the basics of bookkeeping and understanding financial transactions, participants progress through accounting principles, the Chart of Accounts, and Double Entry Bookkeeping. The program covers Bank Reconciliation, financial statements, and management of cash flow, receivables, and payables, including an introduction to tax accounting. Practical skills include generating financial reports using software like QuickBooks and utilizing spreadsheets for accounting functions. Advanced lessons focus on mastering accounting software for efficient workflow automation, empowering participants with the skills for data-driven decision-making in a professional context.
Course Modules Outline:
- Role of an accountant
- Understanding financial transactions
- Basic accounting principles and terms
- Process of recording financial transactions
- Understanding the chart of accounts
- Principles of double-entry bookkeeping
- Bank reconciliation process
- Basics of balance sheets
- Income statements
- Cash flow statements
- Cash flow management
- Interpreting financial information
- Managing receivables and payables
- Including invoicing
- Introduction to tax accounting principles and simple tax return preparation.
Generating financial reports such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements; Introduction to common accounting software like QuickBooks.
Data-driven decision making principles, basics of utilizing spreadsheets for accounting purposes.
- Advanced lessons on common accounting and bookkeeping software, leveraging software for workflow automation.